Academic & Career Planning
Academic and Career Planning, or ACP, is a student-driven, adult-supported process in which students create and cultivate their own unique and information-based visions for post-secondary success, obtained through self-exploration, career exploration, and the development of career management and planning skills.
Why Academic & Career Planning?
ACP is intended to equip students and their families with the tools necessary to make more informed choices about postsecondary education, training, careers for life after high school. It is part of DPI's overall vision for every student to graduate high school academically, socially, emotionally, and life ready.
Our Academic & Career Plan
G-E-T’s Academic and Career Planning Goals:
- To develop and maintain relationships between and among advisees and the advisor.
- To help advisees identify and develop the necessary attitudes, behaviors, and skills to succeed in school, college, and life.
- To help advisees reflect upon and monitor their academic progress.
G-E-T’s ACP Individual Student Goals:
Know: Knowing yourself - your interests, your skills and abilities, and how you learn and work best
Explore: Exploring all of the opportunities available to you, and revisiting those options often
Plan: Creating a plan to reach your goals and take advantage of opportunities available to you, and revising this plan as often as necessary
Go: Make your plans a dreams into a reality, and recalculate as needed
Xello is a web-based career exploration and planning tool used through middle school and high school by your son or daughter to explore career and college options and develop and career plan. This will all be gathered in their electronic portfolio so that students and families can reflect upon this information when planning for course registrations, paths of study, and post-secondary education or career. Xello can be accessed from school, home, or wherever there is access to the Internet.
Features of the program include:
- Interest and Skills Assessments - to help identify suitable career options based on their interests and skills
- Career Profiles - thorough and up to date information about different occupations, including direct links between careers and related college programs
- Multimedia Interviews - interviews with real people in occupations
- College & University Information - comprehensive college and university information, with useful search tools
- Communication Platform - teachers and counselors can post important links and documents, make announcements, and create assignments
- Resume Builder - integrated with the portfolio to help students create a resume.